COVID-Related Guidelines and Policies *Updated April 13th*
The health and safety of our students, families, and staff are our top priority. Please let us know if you have any questions!
- Dancers and staff must STAY HOME if they are not feeling well, test positive for Covid, or if they are quarantined due to Covid exposure.
- Our lobbies will be closed to everyone except dancers and staff to limit the number of people in the building.
- Class sizes are limited to allow for social distancing. Our teachers will strive to keep children distanced as much as possible for their age and level of development.
- Our staff will wear masks. Dancers 1st Grade and older should wear a mask while entering and exiting the building. Masks are optional for dancers while dancing. Teachers may ask dancers to wear masks if social distancing is not maintained in the classroom.
- Dancers and teachers are encouraged to use hand sanitizer (HKSD will provide) when entering and leaving the classroom. Dancers are encouraged to bring their own sanitizer as well.
- Mats will be cleaned after each use.
- Our teachers will spot (assist) students when necessary, unless notified by parents through email that teacher should NOT spot their child. Spotting in acro involves the teacher touching the student in order to assist with skills not yet mastered.
Protocol regarding positive COVID-19 tests / Quarantine:
- HKSD will follow current CDC quarantine guidelines. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html
- Parents should email HKSD if a dancer tests positive or has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive. This includes school. HKSD documents each of these instances to track cases studio-wide.
- HKSD will inform parents if, while at HKSD, their child has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
Policies regarding potential closure:
In the event HKSD is mandated to close our physical location due to any government order, classes will convert to an online platform and instruction will continue. Tuition fees and withdrawal policies will remain the same.