COVID-Related Guidelines and Policies *Updated August 21*
The health and safety of our students, families, and staff are our top priority. Please let us know if you have any questions!
- Dancers and staff must STAY HOME if they are not feeling well, or if any immediate family member has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Temperature checks will be done for dancers and staff with a no-touch infrared thermometer. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be permitted to take class.
- Our lobbies will be closed to everyone except dancers and staff to limit the number of people in the building.
- Class sizes are limited to allow for social distancing. Our teachers will strive to keep children distanced as much as possible for their age and level of development.
- Our staff will wear masks. Dancers 1st Grade and older should wear a mask while entering and exiting the building. Masks are optional for dancers while dancing. Teachers may ask dancers to wear masks if social distancing is not maintained in the classroom.
- Restrooms will be monitored and disinfected multiple times each day.
- Dancers and teachers will be required to use hand sanitizer (HKSD will provide) when entering and leaving the classroom. Dancers are encouraged to bring their own sanitizer as well.
- Surfaces in classrooms will be cleaned between classes. The entire studio will be professionally cleaned each day.
- Dancers should only bring necessary items into the building. All items will be kept inside dance bag at all times. Bags will be kept in one spot with proper social distancing in place.
- Mats will be cleaned after each use. We will not share space on the mats.
- Our teachers will spot (assist) students when necessary, unless notified by parents through email that teacher should NOT spot their child. Spotting in acro involves the teacher touching the student in order to assist with skills not yet mastered.
- All dancers should remain in their cars until a staff member comes out to let you know that it is time to come in. Dancers will enter the studio one at a time while maintaining proper social distancing. Dancers with consecutive multiple classes will remain in their classrooms, so parents do not need to return after each class.
- Dancers will enter through the lobby doors, where temps will be checked before they are allowed to enter classrooms.
- Parents should remain in their cars. If a parent must help a child help to/from building the parent should wear a mask. Our lobbies will be closed to parents, and parents should not congregate on the sidewalk in front of HKSD or the dentist office.
- Dancers will be immediately escorted out of the exit at the end of class, one at a time while maintaining proper social distancing.
- We ask that parents stay in your cars and use extreme caution while driving through the parking lot.
Protocol regarding positive COVID-19 tests:
- Any HKSD staff member or dancer who tests positive will be required to isolate at home for at least 14 days and test negative before returning to HKSD.
- HKSD will inform parents if, while at HKSD, their child has been exposed to someone who has tested positive.
Policies regarding potential closure:
In the event HKSD is mandated to close our physical location due to any government order, classes will convert to an online platform and instruction will continue. Tuition fees and withdrawal policies will remain the same.